<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, February 26, 2009

EEEEK!! A MOUSE..... 


Yes! A mouse. I haven’t had a mouse in years and with two cats you would think one would never venture in. However, that is not the case. In a way I guess I should thank the cats as they were actually trying to tell me. They sat in front of the cupboard doors and stared at them for long periods of time.

Punkin sat on the bathroom rug staring at the place where the tub and floor meet. I didn’t pay much attention but she kept doing it……..we did have mice under the tub years ago so I figured she just smelled where they had been. It’s a closed-in tub with a small door to work on pipes if need be.

And then…….

……then I saw little tell-tales appear in the bottom kitchen cupboards. I freak out when a mouse has been roaming my space. I keep a lot of dishes where the mouse had been so everything was jerked out and I have spent most of this week washing everything. The clean dishes are under the cloth on the table and will have to stay until I’m sure there aren’t any family members.

I’m gun shy about setting traps. They usually go off before I can even set them down. Our good neighbors who used to live next door (moved to Alabama and moved back but not next door) came to my rescue. Dave has always looked out for Becky and me after Warren died and now again with Rocky gone.

Dave came and set the traps and the first night we caught one. I emptied the trap and called Dave to tell him so he came and reset the traps again. I am hoping this is the end of it and the kitchen can return to normal.

That has pretty much been my week up to now. Always something new and different to contend with so life doesn’t get dull. Being retired gives me the option of cleaning up the messes when they appear instead of having to wait until after work to get at it. I have no complaints. Life is good. A mouse or two can’t rob my opportunity to have a good day.

Essentially Esther