<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Saturday, February 21, 2009

ABOUT THOSE BUTTERFLIES!! 


Never write about something you absolutely know nothing about. Yesterday I wrote about my butterfly friend and although she liked the article I was wrong, wrong, wrong about how she does it. This is my “take” on it….she was very diplomatic.

Raising butterflies goes like this: (In her words) “I bring in the worms after the eggs have turned to a worm (on the flowers). I put them in an aquarium to grow. I feed them Milkweed for about a week and then they turn into a catalyst. They crawl up to the screen cover when they are ready to go into hibernation…it takes 9 to 12 days in that stage, then they hatch and fly around the aquarium until I get them out. The catalyst is light green and has gold around the top and bottom.”

As promised, here is the other picture of one of her many butterflies.

What a nice hobby. Who wouldn’t like a yard of flowers and “flying flowers” to hover over them? One more way to enjoy nature up close and personal.

Essentially Esther