<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

STILL WITH US..... 




When I looked for Napoleon at mornings light he was still on the porch rail where I left him last night. I couldn’t tell if he was froze to the rail or not. He was motionless. As soon as I could get enough clothes on to stay warm I took some food and the camera to get an update for the fans he has.

My walk to the vacant house is safe enough, thanks to Becky who bought some kind of rubber and wire things to stretch on to your shoe soles. She knows I will never stay in when the birds, Napoleon or the cats need feed. I can give them an A+ rating as I never fell once of all the times I was outside.

Napoleon was still iced up with snow on top of his back and tail. He clucked when I came onto the porch…..I’m sure after a terrible night he was glad to see me. Again, I left food and talked to him but he didn’t eat from the bowl I held in front of him. I left it on the porch floor and after coming home I noticed birds flying to the porch and eating his food.

He stood up and moved around a little and it scared the birds away….I hope his concern will help him get down to eat. However, I know he has a God-given survival brain and I’m watching how it plays out. My attempts to save him from the weather show me that he’s doing it on his own. So far it’s worked.

Thank you for the prayers….so far they have worked also. I’ll keep you posted on his progress. Thanks for being concerned with me.

Essentially Esther