<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

HOME AGAIN..... 


Here it is Wednesday morning already……oops….I see it is almost noon. Becky and I had a good trip to visit George. We ate out all the time and enjoyed food we can’t get in Willow Springs. Like most small towns we are lacking in the benefits of the city when it comes to choice food places and entertainment. Even cheeseburgers taste better in the city. A few hardy souls have re-constructed the movie theatre that stood empty for years. Now they have plays by the locals and blue-grass music quite often. The fiddle and guitar are still favorite instruments for our area. That’s the extent of our entertainment and no, I don’t go.

While we were at George’s he took us to a furniture store. Not just any furniture store but one that is 7-football fields large. Owned by Warren Buffet is the Nebraska Furniture store and they aren’t kidding about the size of it. If you couldn’t find what you wanted it wasn’t their fault.

I was interested in seeing it since I was born 25-miles north of Omaha and lived in Omaha until I was 13 when my parents moved the family to Missouri. It is always fun to see someone from the area as Nebraska isn’t mentioned much by the media. I think it’s fine with Nebraskans……..they don’t want the world to know what a good place it is to live and raise families. My formative years were well served there.

Since coming home I have spent hours in front of the TV. I am a news junkie and like history. Yesterday was made for me! I have watched presidents come and go and whether they are my choice or not…..it is a 100% American celebration. They always say the British are the best at pomp and circumstance but our national celebrations of our presidents being inaugurated is good enough for me. Now I just hope the new office holders will live up to their promises and expectations.

I am trying rather unsuccessfully to continue with my re-arranging and remodeling. The first part goes quickly but then when it’s time to put up the last of the nitty-gritty it’s a gut-wrenching deal. What to keep, what to pitch, and in my case, what to sell. The Flea Market booths we have make an excellent way to get rid of things too good to throw away but no longer loved by me.

So today the president begins his work and I must turn the TV off and do my work. The weather is co-operating and all systems are “go.” Have a good day wherever you are.

Essentially Esther