<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, January 05, 2009

ANOTHER BEGINNING..... 


Today is a good day to curl up and be comfortable inside. The sky is gray, and gearing up for rain along with possible snow. We can’t really complain about our weather so far….we’ve had a few misses that caught us on the edge but hardly worth complaining about when a look at the northern part of the country is suffering with snow and then flooding.

It’s a good time of year to stay in and work on my projects. However, today I am driving to Springfield (80-miles away) to have the permanent crown put in and then get myself home before the weather turns bad. It usually hit’s the west of our state before it comes east so it will probably follow me all the way home. I am happy with the whole experience of the root canal except for the pain it caused my piggy bank…..but looking on the bright side, I could have had a lot of pain AND heavy expense. I consider myself fortunate to have something that can be fixed.

The holidays have come and gone. Yesterday was the fifth anniversary of blogging and it’s hard to believe. It seems only yesterday I assumed the commitment to write so my children would have a testament of their great-grandparents on down to where they are. It has been a lot of fun and very educational for me. I used to be so frustrated when I didn’t do the correct things to post……John used to tell me, “it isn’t gone, mom, it’s in there somewhere” and he would straighten me out. I think I was overly committed at first but I’ve sure learned a lot about computers.

After the ancestors were given their personalities in print I then began writing about anything that came to mind. Some of you have been with me from the first. Mary Lou was the prompter who bugged me until I became a blogger. She and sister, Phyllis, have been here since day one. Rocky was great encouragement for me and proof-read each post. He told me once he liked the ones better that had HIM in it. Ha!!

So today I’m off to the dentist and I will hopefully be back tomorrow. I hope the sun in shining wherever you are and if not……spread a little sunshine yourself. These are three little kit-cats that bring sunshine into my life. Lovey, Chevy and Callie.

Essentially Esther