<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, October 16, 2008

MONKEY SEE, MONKEY DO..... 


YIPPEEEEEE….I DID IT!!

I had a wonderful day yesterday. Those of you who have read me for a long time know that my cousin Dale died suddenly last June. (2007) It began a saga beyond any expectations when I was made the administrator of his estate. At present time the only thing that remains is mailing out the tax forms which the lawyer will be sending almost any day.

In Dale’s blog I noticed a “Deanna” commenting and I assumed it was a cousin on Dale’s mother’s side. He had mentioned her in some of his blogs and through the family I often heard aunt Beulah talk about “Roger and Deanna.”

Unfortunately she learned of Dale’s death through my blog site which is a sad way to learn of a family member’s death . Throughout the past year and four months, Deanna and I have exchanged information of her family needed to finish the estate….. and it was decided when it was over we would visit.

Long story short, they drove down from Nebraska yesterday and arrived shortly after four o’clock. It was a meeting we had been looking forward to for a long time and it provided the good visit I expected. You don’t run into Nebraska folks very often as most Nebraskans stay in their State. You can understand my excitement in visiting with them.

We went to a local Steak House just down the hill for dinner….. and next to the new Motel they were staying in. The Open Range has excellent meat as you would expect from the name. We came back here and shared pictures with each other, revealing Roger as a shop teacher and then retiring went into computer work, teaching, rebuilding etc; When I learned of his computer capability I told him the difficulty I’ve had trying to get a photo on my blog. My sons and son-in-law tried to explain but with Roger being a teacher who taught other teachers he somehow got through to me. (Well, kind of. Deanna wrote the steps down so I wouldn’t forget by morning)

First thing I tried with paper in hand, walking through the steps…. I almost fainted when it worked. Hopefully I will at last be able to show pictures which (to me) makes a blog more interesting.

Thanks Roger and Deanna! You will never know the treat you have given me! In the short time they were here, Roger fixed the garage door opener, fixed my kitchen table and walked me through the computer snags I’ve had. I told him that’s what widow’s do when “fix it” men appear. They drag out a bevy of things that need repair. Never visit a widow!!


The picture in the previous site is of my sister-in-law who is married to Rocky’s brother. They provided the computer I have and it is a work in progress. I enjoy leaning new things and a computer is continually raising opportunities for all of us in the quest for knowledge.

Essentially Esther