<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Saturday, October 04, 2008

INDIAN SUMMER..... 

We have experienced the best weather of the year this past week. I’m aware it has been for most of the Mid-West and what a blessing after so much bad news and turmoil with our country’s finances.

Becky has been gone all week and didn’t come home for the week-end. It’s about a 2 ½ hour drive each way and she had some stiff tests coming up next week. I am sure she will be glad to come back to a normal schedule.

As for myself, I have been busy enjoying the weather and some yard work. I have physically felt better after the doctor made adjustments in my medications and also the lack of humidity is a great factor. There is something about being in the yard that puts everything in proper place. Writers and poets have done their best to describe it but nothing is as noteworthy as feeling it. Most of the best things in life leave us speechless…….it is better “felt” than “telt” as a pastor used to like to say.

I have made progress in the closets and drawers. It is amazing how much “stuff” can accumulate in small spaces. I have a plan that is working better than my initial start. Instead of moving things from one room to another I purchased 8-plastic tubs and am moving things I want but don’t have room for to the garage. I will never stoop to renting a storage unit. I’ve always said if you have too much for your home or garage you should pass it on to others. That is my intent.

In sifting through things I’ve saved over the years I have come across some items that have inspired me all over again. One of which I’ll share today.

You knew it would be a poem, didn’t you?

A Little Moment by Violet Bigelow Rourke

It takes a little moment
To send a line or two
To thank someone for
Doing something nice for you.
And soon that little moment
And the kind words that you say
Will be as golden hours
Of that someone’s happy day.

(Rosalie, this is for you…..my longtime friend. You have made so many of my moments golden.)

Essentially Esther