<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

GOING BACK..... 

I had visions of getting a blog off early this morning but I got myself messed up and couldn’t get a lot of “stuff” cleared off my page. I think I did learn how to put pictures in my blog. Don’t count on it but I will try at the close of the blog. I never know what my keyboard will come up with. (Brain surgery needed here.)

Life has been amazingly quiet for me. Becky didn’t come home over the weekend as I wrote last week so I got lots done but I think I am only half way with clutter. You have to get it out to get rid of it……next time I won’t go whole hog and do it all at once. Dumb choice. I am going one room at a time now and I can see the end in sight.

I may even get my windows washed before you get here, Deanna. Dale’s favorite cousin on his mother’s side and her husband will come next Wednesday for a short visit. We have looked forward to meeting each other for months and when the Estate finally closed we set a date. I know I will like her because Dale liked her. That’s good enough for me.

Yesterday I woke up feeling like I should go visit the Cancer Clinic where the girls took such good care of us. Turning into the parking lot seemed familiar and yet strange. If the parking lot seemed strange I was in for a big surprise. The main lobby where the receptionist signed us in was no where to be seen. Two other women were at the post. No cheery good morning there…….I went through the doors to the cancer side and again, a new face was behind the counter. She asked what I wanted and I asked if I could go through to the clinical area and she said I could.

When I went through the door Dr. Morgan was standing at the file area looking over a case before seeing the patient. I didn’t want to bother him so I just touched his shoulder as I walked by…….when he saw it was me he stopped and said how good it was to see me etc;etc; He is a man of few words so I knew it was a genuine response.

The young lady who kept tract of the comings and goings in the clinic section looked up when I walked towards her. She stood up with a radiant face and said she had me on her mind so much lately……it was wonderful to see me. She couldn’t get over the fact I was standing in front of her. I do not say this for praise of how wonderful I am but in the fact that we humans seem to have a radar beeping when someone is thinking of us. I got a hug when I came and a hug when I left.

Sadly, she was the only one in the clinic who is still there. I thought everyone would always be there to go back to……but life goes in different directions. Perhaps it is best not to hang on to “what was” but “what is”……at any rate, it was good to see the two people who remembered the Rockenbach’s. On my way out the door Dr. Morgan again said he was glad to see me and that he still had Rocky’s picture “up” in his office. He admired his strength and success in weight-lifting…..and the way he faced death.

The girls have all gone on to other nursing duties and I know I will not go back again. They remain with me always for the love and care they gave us………once upon a time.

Essentially Esther