<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

TOUGH GOING..... 

TOUGH GOING…….

This past year has been tough!! About the time we think we are on top of things, something else happens. First it was Rocky, then my cousin Dale and a good friend, Ellen. I have spent thirteen months trying to complete my cousin’s estate. It turned out to be educational for me never having having the experience before. If I thought the beginnings were hard, it has turned out to be harder trying to get all the information from distant relatives to send their necessary papers for collection.

Then Jonathan (Becky’s son) had to have neck surgery and has been off work for two months while Becky broke her leg and is recuperating from that. In the interim Jonathan’s wife, Aimee, had a beautiful little girl which brought some happiness to all of us. Not to be very long as our next sorrow began…….

Aimee’s brother, David, was found in their bathroom floor barely alive. Jonathan performed CPR for a half hour before the ambulance arrived, and rushed him to the hospital. David died on the way. The only thing we feel might have been the culprit was the fact he had been working in extreme heat and not drinking enough water. I personally know what that does as I’ve had several bouts with the same elements but being fortunate enough to recover before going over the edge.

David was a good kid, living with his mother. Not married and no children. He was working with UPS unloading packages in a huge warehouse with no air conditioning. Of course Becky and I are close to Aimee and her family and this has been hard seeing how it is affecting Aimee and her relatives. Hardest is the mother, Lena.

They are performing an autopsy on David and will have the results soon. I hope it gives his mother some solace as well as Jonathan and Aimee. Just giving birth to a new baby was such a happy time for all of them and I hope little Cloe will be able to bring some joy back to their lives.

Becky and I are fine, just busy. I take her to work every day and pick her up, then we have dinner together and I take her home. It has been so beastly hot here we are all aware to stay in and drink lots of water. Of course not having rain for two weeks is taking a hit on the yard but somehow it doesn’t seem that important right now. It is sad for my prize flowers but the trade-off is the weeds are dying too.

I hope things are well with all of you who stop by from all over the country. I will let you know how this all progresses as I can.

We could sure use some extra prayers if you have any…….not picky about denominations…………

Essentially Esther