<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, August 14, 2008

IT'S A LONG WAY FROM LAST WEEK..... 

……..let me see. Where was I when the bomb went off? It’s been a wild week here but we are hanging on and making the best of it. Becky’s leg is still broken (this is her remark when people ask how the leg is doing) and she will be on light desk duty for another 4-weeks. I felt like crying. How can retired people have any fun if we are to get up at 6:30 and take their daughter to work? Some things never change. It put me to thinking how other’s situations seen to involve other people one way or another.

I have always been the one with the waiting room blues. It seems everyone in our family has had some terrible medical mishaps and I am the only one who can take off work or stop my schedule to play nurse. The worst thing is sitting in a waiting area with fussy children running wild, noisy adults, cell-phones going off and a whole collection of things that make me wish I were somewhere else. Once we are assigned to a room I am blissfully happy……confusion makes me crazy.

Becky and I took care of Brady and Cloe while Jonathan and Aimee went to family night and the funeral the next day. The children were good and we were happy to know everything went off without a hitch. We are all getting used to the vacancy David left behind.

Becky and I spent the weekend down in Harrison, AR and enjoyed some shopping, sales and all that goes with Flea Market/ antique business. It is fun but hard work and the exercise is beneficial. Hopefully we can enjoy for a long time.

Becky had her appointment to see Dr. Walker ( isn’t that a funny name for a leg and foot doctor?) We then went over to the eye surgeon who did my cataract surgery as he suggested having my eyelids cropped since one was hanging down lower than the other after the cataract surgery. The whole thing was over by the noon hour and we were driven back by a couple of friends. Becky rode in one and I in the other. Since then I have had no problems other than serious bruising around both eyes. I look a little like Morticia of the Munsters.

Becky and I will be driving to Springfield Saturday to return things I haven’t used in my decorating. A nice lunch and a little shopping for necessities and we’ll be on our way back home. I am delighted with Farve playing again and I’m infuriated at Green Bay for refusing to have him back. The fans want him and so do I but it will have to be enough to watch him play on another team. I will be getting NFL on my Dish network as soon as I call……also ESPN. I love replaying the games all the next day.

I finished Dale’s Estate yesterday and have mailed the appropriate things back to the lawyer who has advised me on the Estate. Illinois law is totally different from Missouri…..but it’s over…….I heard the fat lady singing…..(or was that ME?)

Essentially Esther