<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

PROGRESS REPORT ON BECKY..... 

Where to start…..where to start. Becky and I have been constant companions since her fall. There is never a time to have an accident of large proportions but we are making the best of the situation.

I say “we” for the caretaker is thrown into the same slot to work the way out. Becky is doing well as far as her leg goes but even worse is her back condition which came to visit about 3-weeks before her fall. Having to walk on crutches made her back take over for the walking part…….to sling one leg forward and the other getting a free ride. This is the same place she broke her leg three years ago so we at least know the ramifications……however that doesn’t help the path to be taken before healing.

She isn’t a sitting down animal so I’ve carried things to her to mark for sale which has become entertainment from the long hours of being a “couch potato.” Anyone who thinks it’s fun to watch TV all day (and part of the night) has to be devoid of sensitivity. For the two of us, it’s more like punishment. We are both rabbits who love the thrill of the chase…….even when we don’t know what we’re chasing.

Yesterday was her first attempt to go back to work. I picked her up and dropped her at the Troop G HQ after hauling what she calls a “purse” and her brief-case to her office corner. They were so big and heavy three different people asked if I needed help. Now that’s a new spin on “big.” She put in five hours and I picked her up @ 12:30.……naturally she had wilted some and when I saw her swollen foot it was apparent she made the right decision about leaving for the day.

Our weather has turned ugly. We loved the cool weather and all the rain we had been blessed with until three weeks ago. Now we are looking skyward hoping for a good shower……or even severe weather….anything that will produce rain. I see why she is called “Mother Nature”……..only the female gender would find it so entertaining to control our weather sprees. The female Nature loves her great variety of tricks to pull out at random.

I am a woman so I understand her fickle nature. It must be fun to direct the earth’s weather as a conductor with his orchestra. Sometimes very calming but suddenly without abandon can whip up loud noise here and there. Becky is getting better, I have addressed the variety and soul (if you will) of Nature so it’s time for me to get busy in my part of the world.

I hope where you are……the weather is friendly and you do not have any broken bones. So may the wind be at your back and may you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you’re dead. (Just a little Irish blessing there.) You can supply the dialect.

Essentially Esther