<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, June 02, 2008

RACING TO THE HORIZON..... 

After a busy weekend it is good to be home again. Jonathan had some rough times with his neck surgery as with the repair the nerves transferred to his back and shoulders. Since the surgery and dismissal from the hospital he is recuperating at home…..and cannot drive for a month. It’s been a slow grind for him but youth will prevail and he will soon be out of the woods.

Becky and I drove to Harrison Saturday morning and began work on the new booth. This is double work since it’s a double sized booth. The intent is to deal in furniture to expand our business which is something we’ve been wanting to do for some time. Our inventory was taken to Harrison in the large trailer of Steve and Sherri (the owners of both Barns) as there was no way we could transport that much inventory in my little mini-van.

Becky had been at the hospital with Jonathan several days and didn’t get home until Friday night so it was up to me to finish the boxes. Steve and his two boys, Troy and Tommy, loaded the heavy crates and I finished up the packing. It saved a lot of time once we got to Harrison. They had unloaded the trailer and all of the boxes and tubs were in the empty booth.

The rest of the day we went to work on emptying the tubs and Becky made the booth attractive with swags of cloth to accent the items placed on them. It’s a work of art and she does a beautiful job. Consequently it causes aches and pain for both of us but in different ways. We were laughing at the end of the day as we commiserated over our aches.

For me, I had an ingrown toenail, two corns, a bunion…..all on the big toe I broke years ago that likes to keep complaining to me about it. Becky had surgery for a bunion some years ago and it still telegraphs from the scar. Not to mention our aching backs, shoulder stress and pressure on our feet and legs after 8-straight hours of being up and down on the ladder etc;

Crazy, huh. It would be worse if we didn’t like doing it. Some people just have a weird way of having fun, I guess. Sunday we worked all day and left for home sometime after 5:00 pm. My first priority on our return drive was to stop at a great ice-cream shop for a chocolate milkshake. I ordered two LARGE chocolate shakes at the drive-up window and gave the wheel to Becky. We both worked on the shakes for several miles……..my idea of a shake!!!

Today is great because I’m home and can begin some of the projects I left to come back to. All the kitties were excited to have me home…..and Napoleon as well. Mandy was boarding at the Vet’s clinic and will come home tomorrow after her grooming. So here is to June and all her glory…it’s great to be home again.

Essentially Esther