<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, June 05, 2008

I'VE GOT THAT LEAVIN' FEELIN'...... 

I am thinking about writing the last chapter of Essentially Esther. In the beginning it was to record the family history for my children…..but to do it right I had to start with the ones who came before me. It was a huge undertaking as I wasn’t and still am not proficient with the computer. John and Becky had to save me from little mistakes of every kind until, like a trained monkey, I have been writing ever since.

I first wrote of Dad’s family immigrating to America from Denmark. Some of the Andersen’s migrated later and some stayed behind in Denmark. I wanted to write about each grandparent and the uncles to give my children a “story” about a real person rather than a face looking back from a book with a couple of dates under it.

Some have read the journey from beginning to where we are now. A lot of living has been used up in the four and a half years it took me to write about each person. I have lost many loved ones over the years and tried to keep them alive with my thoughts. Thank you for reading and commenting when you felt led.

I feel I am without much to write about now other than those memories. Reading the daily routine of an elderly lady in a small town can’t be that interesting except to my family. I am not sure if there’s anymore writing in me or not but I’m giving myself a little more time to decide.

I won’t leave without saying goodbye……

Essentially Esther