<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, May 29, 2008

A NEW YEAR BEGINNING TODAY..... 

Becky and I have been buying for the past 3-months to stock a double sized booth at Harrison, AR. We’ve lugged it all home, cleaned, priced and wrapped , then repacked for the “move-in.” This afternoon the family who owns that Barn as well as the one here in our town is coming with a large trailer to load and take it to Harrison.

My little home has been looking like a clearing house for junk and treasures. It will be good to be able to get it all out, run the sweeper, do a little dusting and then pack to leave for Arkansas Saturday morning. This eventually happens to people who love Flea Markets or Antiques. We have to have a way to sell all of the things we bought and have grown tired of so we can justify buying more of something else.

I don’t know what hit me this year but I have made several changes that have even surprised me. Getting rid of furniture and every kind of collection I had and leaving open space felt really good. Naturally I kept the things I couldn’t let go of but I nipped it down pretty close. It’s like a load going off my back and mind.

Yesterday was very nice. I received several phone calls, cards, a couple of drop-ins and emails…..all wishing me a happy birthday. It was a beautiful sunny but pleasant day…..not too hot and not too chilly. One of the most unusual were the Vietnamese couple who do our nails and pedicures. They drove from two towns up the highway to come with their gift….an automatic rice cooker. They brought rice with them so they could show me how to operate it. It is a most helpful addition to my kitchen……I like rice just about any way you can fix it.

Of course there were other gifts from Rocky’s family and from mine….I feel very blessed for the various ways people chose to make my day very special. Thanks to all of you and you know who you are.

I’d better get busy here and get things ready to load when they come with the trailer. I’ll close with a little verse that is a favorite of mine……..

BECAUSE OF THY GREAT BEAUTY

Because I have been given much,
I, too, shall give;
Because of Thy great bounty, Lord,
Each day I live
I shall divide my gifts from Thee
With every brother that I see
Who has the need of help from me.

Because I have been sheltered, fed,
By Thy good care,
I cannot see another’s lack
And I not share
My glowing fire, my loaf of bread,
My roof’s shelter overhead,
That he, too may be comforted.

Because love has been lavished so
Upon me, Lord,
A wealth I know that was not meant
For me to hoard,
I shall give love to those in need,
The cold and hungry clothe and feed,
Thus shall I show my thanks indeed. (Grace Noll Crowell)

Essentially Esther