<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

A VISIT FROM MR. CLEAN..... 

My good intentions of writing yesterday and today went awry. I had no idea how much work went into preparation for carpet cleaning. Becky and I had the house full of items we’d gotten over the weekend to clean, mark and sell…….so it turned out to be a real chore.

I drug boxes of “stuff” into the kitchen and filled the bathroom with everything I couldn’t pack in anywhere else. I had the bed piled high, the washer and dryer loaded up on top and the kitchen table was stacked.

While the guys were doing the cleaning my three critters were under the kitchen table with big eyes and much fear. Something they’ve never been through before. I put three loads into the dishwasher while the men were working and then changed out some in the cupboards.

In the afternoon, the owner of the Barn (Steve) called and had a picture ready for me they framed from a print. They do beautiful work and this picture is a beauty. He arrived with his oldest daughter, Taylor, and with some measuring and an electric drill they had it on the wall in no time and spaced perfectly. On the way out the door he said he’d have the kids come Saturday afternoon to pick up pine limbs in the front yard that have been there a couple of weeks. Steve and wife Sherry have four well behaved children and have been very good to Becky and me.

We have been warned tomorrow will be another severe weather day. Becky and I will be driving to Springfield to pick up my new glasses since my cataract removal is now officially over. I just didn’t like the reading glasses on my nose or hanging around my neck from a chain. When I took the chain off I had to hunt for my glasses every five minutes…….not for me. I’m a rare bird who actually feels better with glasses…….so my new prescription is now in the frames I bought last October and I’m anxious to be back in them.

I have to say it is the next thing to a miracle to have cataracts removed in this day and time. It is nothing short of amazing to see colors and to have excellent vision with the naked eye. (Naked if you don’t count the lens they replaced the cataracts with.) Remembering the ordeal it was when family members went through it years ago…….. it is a walk in the park now.

Becky came after work and we had our evening meal together, watched some TV and she went home to her kitties. I am preparing for day’s end here as well but wanted to write as we will be gone all day tomorrow. All’s well that ends well so I now have a clean carpet and divan and chair…… and serious cleaning will follow as I’m making some major changes.

Now if I can unload the bed, I shall be ready for serious sleep. Good night to all,

Essentially Esther