<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Friday, April 04, 2008

SPRING ON A FRIDAY..... 

Friday always seems special because it is the last of the work-week (for many) and a day to wind up projects for us retired folks. I walked out on the deck this morning to see what was going on with the Spring bloomer’s and many will be in full array by tomorrow. After a long winter it will be nice to see the countryside full of color and fully awake after a prolonged nap.

I had an interesting e-mail last evening from a reader who was looking at my May 4, 2007 blog-site. I wrote that Rocky’s mother had written a poem in her book of writings which caused some question by Brian, the reader. He knew it as a poem written by Fred E. Weatherly and put to music by Hayden Wood. In it’s origin it is “’Roses Are Shining in Pickardie.” It was quite the music in the early 1900’s and I am grateful for the correction. Anytime something is in question, please e-mail me as I want my site to be correct if nothing else. Thank you, Mr. Brian.

At our next visit, Rocky’s older brother suspected that their mother had written the words of a song she liked and that was all there was to it. Since it was in her handwriting I had wrongly assumed she had written the piece. So much time went by I didn’t look into Google for authenticity but I should have. It turns out he and Brian are right and I shall make a correction on the May 4th 2007 site. Thanks guys.

I’d better leave you with this. I’m one of those retired folks who has to finish the week up today. I hope your weekend is pleasant and rewarding…..and the April showers give you a break. I think we’re all ready for some normal weather and a little sun-shine ……if it doesn’t come your way, make a little on your own.

“There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.” (Edith Wharton) ……….

Essentially Esther