<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, April 24, 2008

LOVE UNDYING..... 

One year ago this evening Rocky left us. Today has been a day of reflecting but really no more so than any other day. Until you lose the person you are united with there is never a way of explaining the joy shared in love or the pain of them being taken from you.

Rocky was very sentimental and loving and a great “card” person. Anytime he stopped at a truck-stop he looked over the Blue Mountain card rack and I would find one on a plate or my pillow or any place he knew I would find it. He was truly my gentle giant.

One of the most treasured is a booklet he found called “To the One Person I Consider to Be My Soul Mate.” I have chosen a page or so to share with you and to help me remember that our love was real and passionate and forever.

“If I know what love is, it’s because…I know you. You are the reason for so many of the smiles I have, and you’re the one place my heart always wants to go…when it wants to feel hopeful and grateful and glad.

If I know what love is, it’s because my thoughts of you have such a beautiful way of gently filling my soul…

My thoughts of you are my mornings’ inspiration and my evenings’ comfort. They are wondrous thoughts, free in spirit, and they take me along when they’re soaring above the things that cloud other parts of my life. You make everything all right in my world, every time I think of you.

If I know what love is, it is because every moment with you is a past, a present and a future that brings me closer to a wish come true than any fantasy. With your own special magic, and in your own marvelous ways, you have given my days more richness and joy and love…than most people will ever dream of.”

Rocky, I know where you are and I know you are still able to love me and feel the love I will always have for you. You were truly my soul mate now and forever.

So until we meet again,

Essentially Esther