<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, April 07, 2008

BEAUTIFUL MONDAY..... 

Hello from the sunny Ozarks. What a welcome sight after (it seems) constant rain. As with any good part of anything there is always a negative side…….complaining because we have no rain and then because we have too much. Isn’t that just like a woman? I blame it on the many women weather-lady’s we have on all the Networks. They are young, beautiful, well-dressed and mostly blonde. OK….what does that bring to mind? Of course I’m being ridiculous but someone has to have the blame.

I had a list a mile long on my To Do list for the day. So far, I haven’t done anything I can scratch off…..on second thought I did call Carpet Cleaners who are located 20 miles from here. Believe it or not they were working in our town and would be glad to come and give me an estimate. Within minutes they were in the driveway and had the measurements done. Now that is impressive for the Ozarks. Things operate on a slower clock here and being in a hurry isn’t the usual “norm.”

I thought I would have to wait until next month but he asked if Wednesday would be OK and I assured him it would be. I guess even the locals are beginning to feel the money crunch like the rest of the country. That puts me in a crunch for time. Becky and I went on a buying trip Saturday and today we will mark and price when Becky comes for supper. We will have to get everything up off the carpet except for the furniture…..they do not charge extra for furniture so that’s good.

The front lawn is covered with small branches that came off the tree when our grandson cut down a pine that was teetering on the brink of falling over. Since Jonathan works with tree cutting he had it down in no time and hauled off. Now the little stuff is all that remains of the venture. I guess I will try to rake and clean that up tomorrow. The weather is so beautiful I will enjoy the outdoors.

I am happy to tell everyone that I am feeling much better. My fibromyalgia is better again and the extra thyroid medication has me almost back to the “full” line. It’s amazing how a few minor adjustments in your health can make such a difference. I was beginning to think I became old over-night. Naaaahhhh! I just needed a couple of pills. Whew!! I have too much to do to get any older. I’m feeling like the “queen of the world” if there is one and since I’m a land-lubber I’ll have to dangle from the rooftop to imitate Leo’s famous line from Titanic.

Before I leave you today I want to share something I came across.

WORDS
Boys flying kites haul in their white-winged birds,
You can’t do that when you’re flying words.
Careful with fire is good advice, we know;
Careful with words is ten times doubly so.
Thoughts unexpressed sometimes fall back dead,
But God himself can’t kill them once they’re said.
(Author Unknown)

Essentially Esther