<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

APRIL RAIN..... 

Like most of where you live our weather can change every half-hour. The severe storm we were to get last night waited until mid-morning. I had an appointment to check over my lab results and decided if I didn’t want to get soaked I’d better go early. Once I was in the car the sky became even darker and I could tell we were in for bad wind along with menacing rain.

I arrived at the Clinic and took a seat. I just sat down when the wind and pelting rain hit against the building. One of the girls on the desk came out to the waiting room and said we’d better sit on the inner wall rather than by the windows. My first thought was for Sassy, Mandy and Punkin. Without me being there as a steadying force I knew they would panic for sure. Nothing to do now but wait it out. While I was in the nurse’s office it did it’s worst and I made it to the car without getting too wet…..thanks to the umbrella that stays in the car for such times.

By the time I got home it had moved to the east, which is where our rain and storms usually track to. Soon the sun was out and you would never have suspected the violence of the earlier rain. However it is clouding up once more and I imagine the next wave will come later this afternoon into tonight. Or so was the last forecast.

Yesterday I changed out the kitchen cupboards……I like looking at different dishes which match either the season or my mood. It also gives me a chance to price for sale at the Barn……I’m a fickle collector at best. What I love today will be on the selling block next month. I like to make changes in my own surroundings but I do not like changes beyond my control. I guess that makes me a bad person.

My lawn girl came yesterday and did the first mowing job. She mows, is very good with the weed-eater and then blows everything off the sidewalks. Yesterday she had some extra work……leaves had blown up against the fence and she didn’t quit until she moved them down to the edge of the woods. We have one-half acre that we mow and she makes short work of the project.

I would like to do yard work yet but I can’t do enough at one time to make a difference. She is younger, lived all her life on a farm and hard work doesn’t scare her. She enjoys working out-doors and being her own boss. It is good to have someone you can depend on. I will try to keep my berm and flower garden clean by working a little bit every day.

I spotted another robin this morning picking out small bits of the mulch from the berm. I looked to see where it flew so I will have one to watch after all. I hope you are having a nice day and if going to a doctor your news is only good news.

I have to say, it was good to hear the lawnmower again. I read a funny quote from James W. Moore, “Some folks feel the rain, others just get wet.” How true.

Essentially Esther