<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, March 31, 2008

STILL RAINING..... 

I want a “rain-check” on March. It came in like a lion and is going out like a lion. Whatever happened to “come in like a lion, go out like a lamb?” If you have watched the evening news you can see that all down the Mississippi valley the tributaries are pumping water into homes, businesses and whole towns are inundated.

Weather the past few years has taken great delight in messing up the boundaries of river flow while parts of the country are burning-up or parched from no rain at all. Did I wake up to a new world and miss the I.O.C.? I’m afraid you will tell me “No! This is just the way it is NOW.” If this is the way it is then I’m convinced I was fortunate to be born into a land of Reason rather than what we have become.

I know we can’t do much about the weather but I do think we have contributed to the results we have now with all the “stuff” we have pumped into our rivers, lakes, oceans……well I won’t make the list longer because we know it’s there and it’s a shame we have to be told how to clean it up. It’s always the best policy to avoid trouble rather than add to it.

We went back to Springfield on Thursday as we wanted a really nice lunch to celebrate Becky’s birthday since we didn’t get to follow through on our plans yesterday. I treated her to a delicious steak dinner and then we made the rounds of the area Flea Markets. We have two booths and a wall of shelves which are now full to overflowing and this Saturday we go to Arkansas to open a large showcase.

This is a way for Becky to have fun away from her “day job” and for me to stay in a business I enjoy. Though my body is old, I still think of myself as the great age of thirty-some. I don’t know how to be old but I do know what it is to feel young. Just listen to your brain and quit looking in the mirror…….it helps!! You’ll be old soon enough so go and do as long as you can….just don’t count the birthdays!

Essentially Esther