<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, March 20, 2008

RAIN, RAIN, GO AWAY!!!! 

There hasn’t been much to write about the past few days. It began raining Monday night and it rained night and day until yesterday morning about 10:00 am. We were not in any danger where we are but in Southern Missouri there are a lot of hills and valleys which became torrents of water seeking a lower level of earth. The Missouri Dept of Transportation closed 200 roads across the State.

When the rain stopped yesterday I made a walk around the yard and was amazed how the natural rain and warmth pushed early bulbs and buds out everywhere. By morning my Flowering Quince should be in full bloom….there are three bushes across one side of our front yard and I enjoy them so much. They were brought to me in a coffee can and I’ve watched them from babies to fully mature bushes. Hard fought, I am so happy they made it.

I didn’t venture out except to care for Napoleon and the cats who depend on me for feed. Napoleon was good and hungry when he showed up after the rain….he is so pretty now…his tail is a foot longer than last year. I have been collecting Japanese vases with peacocks hand-painted on them along with a floral motif. I never cared for Oriental artwork but one day I woke up and decided I did. On our tours through Antique Stores I have stopped to look at them and they are in and of themselves a piece of tremendous beauty. I am finding a wide variety of colors and shapes which makes the collection worthy of it’s praise.

Remembering the promises made when retiring, I did the things I like the most about a rainy day. Reading, sorting through things, watching it rain…..and rocking away in Rocky’s glider……enjoying the fact I was inside and dry…..it is a blessing to be quiet, undisturbed and content. I wonder why we don’t do that more often as it is good medicine.

By now you have figured out that I truly am at a loss for news but I want to thank you for writing to ask if Becky and I were safe. I hope you all have a blessed Easter week-end with those you love and in the spirit of the day………..

Essentially Esther