<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, March 10, 2008

NEW EYES AND TEETH.... 

After a busy week-end it’s nice to catch up today. Becky and I went on a buying trip for our booth on Saturday and spent the whole day in the Flea Market our friends own in Arkansas. It is large and full of interesting things, nicely displayed. The building itself is only about 6-years old, well lit, and clean. Some places are cold in winter, hot in summer and very poor lighting…..this building is a #10.

Since I have one good eye now, I notice a lot of things I never paid attention to before…..meaning the cataracts grew so slow I kept adapting to the vision I lacked. One never realizes how far out of whack he is until he suddenly receives correction. I go tomorrow morning to have the left eye surgery and I’m very excited to get it done. If it’s as good as my right eye I’ll be in tall clover.

On Wednesday Becky and I will go to Springfield for extensive dental work. I was told it will take about 3 hours to clean, fill a cavity, and remedy the bone loss between all four double molars. I seem to be one of the statistics where there is damage to the jaw-bone from using Fosamax. All I know is half of my head and face will be relieved after they’re through with me.

Like most of the nation we have had tornado alerts, freezing ice and snow….hail, you name it. Thankfully we have always been on the edge and didn’t get the full brunt of any of it. Poor Ohio!! I don’t know when I’ve heard of such snowfall that they have had. Record snowfalls everywhere…..did someone say global warming?

How many of you out there are feeling like you lost an hour’s sleep? I hate the first month of Daylight Savings Time…..my body clock doesn’t “spring ahead” like the way we turn our clocks up a notch. It’s definitely a bummer where I’m concerned.

Since I lost an hour I have to get around here. Much to finish today before my date with medical folks the next couple of days. I hope your teeth are hanging tough so you don’t have jaw problems……I’m sure I’ve talked enough in my life to wear out a normal jawbone but the time being, I can blame it on Fosamax.

The fun part of tomorrow will be breakfast after the surgery……shucks, I may even be able to read the menu without glasses……or is it glasses for the menu and none for the distance? I am still amazed that immediately you have great vision after the 5-minute surgery. Becky is getting good at improving her nurse technique…..I catch her sometimes treating me like she’s the mama and I’m the little girl. It’s OK…..little girls have fun and aren’t expected to know anything…it’s actually a pretty good gig……so off I go until the next time………

Essentially Esther