<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, March 13, 2008

HAPPY EYES AND HAPPY TEETH..... 

My cataract surgery and dental work went without a hitch. I am home today after being a patient for a couple of days. While in Spfld Becky and I had lunch at the Steak and Shake Restaurant and always enjoy the ‘50’s kind of atmosphere. They still make a pretty good cheeseburger, fries and malt. High praise coming from me since Rocky thought I was the best Soda Jerk in the land. (Of course he never knew his were made special because I had a crush on him.) Come to find out, he had a crush on me but the rest is history.

Today I’m actually too warm to feel comfortable. The furnace is off and I have some windows open…..please don’t tell me we’ll go from winter into summer time. I like spring too much to pass it over.

Becky and I hit the Flea Markets after the dentist was finished with me and we had lunch. We bought things for our booth(s) yes, plural. We always start out with one and before I know it Becky wants more space. So!! We rented 5-shelves in an aisle with a lot of traffic……we filled them in one trip. Becky then decided we needed a small one to showcase the “Art Deco” period……the good ol’ days of the 50’s and 60’s which were the years she was growing up. I’m like a sheep…….dumb and a good follower. Although when Becky isn’t around I manage to create my own artistry. The kind she grew up with and still enjoys. We actually work very well together as we have the same sense about what we like….what will sell and what won’t.

After watching “Clean Sweep” shows on TV for a while I find I am ready to scoop out some of my collections. After a while even they become boring……so I wait until that invigorating mood hits me so I get it boxed up and out before I change my mind. At present I am even getting rid of some furniture. More room in a small world is good.

I’d better hurry along here as I need to wash, mark and have things ready to go when Becky gets off work…..she will have to mark her things quickly to get to the Barn before the 5:30 pm closing. There is one thing I would like to share. I found a plaque with a verse I absolutely love……

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.” (R.W. Emerson) I hope you like it as much as I do. It’s a good thought to chew on for a while……..

Essentially Esther