<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, February 25, 2008

WELL I'LL BE A DIRTY BIRD..... 

Those of you who are old enough to remember George Gobel's famous line will know where the title came from. If you “don’t remember” that you probably have Alzheimer’s….. if you “don’t know” what I’m talking about you are probably too young…..if you “do know” what I’m talking about, read on…..you’re MY age!!! I’ve thought of that line many times as I watch Napoleon leaving “potty” on top of the minivan.

The worst “dirty bird” thing he did was when I left my window open and he had a huge deposit of YKW (you know what) that found it’s way down the slopeing top into the car. It wasn’t fun to clean up but Napoleon doesn’t speak English so it’s something I endure. Why don’t I put the car in the garage you say? Well, my dirty bird goes in there and potties on it……I do leave the side-door open so he can eat cat food which he loves and is always available. This kind of weather I can’t deny him one of his main food sources.

Speaking of food….he loves WalMart’s cream cake. I feed him at the front door when he sachets around to let me know he’s there….also canned cat food to make enough heat in his body to stay warm….and a little dry cat food for his fiber. He loves anything sweet so I oblige his favorites. I’m not even going to get into how and what I feed all my kitties.

It’s a foggy day in the Ozarks. We received an ice-storm earlier in the week which didn’t melt and then more ice came. I was housebound for a couple of days and then my private nurse, Becky Strain, put her life in jeopardy to get me from the house to the car and back so we could make my appointments to the surgeon (who will do my cataract extraction in the morning) and to my MD appointment for a check-up. I should be a new person with eyes like an eagle when they’re through with me.

Please remember Becky in your prayers. I will be fine but she will wear herself out in the waiting room and beyond. I’ll write as soon as my anesthesia wears off….to let you know how I’m doing (unless Becky won’t let me) and in that case, you will be hearing from her. I couldn’t hire a nurse for everything she does for free…..I’m one lucky mama to have such good care. So, see you later somewhere down the line……

Essentially Esther