<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

POST SURGERY..... 

WOW!! What a difference a day makes. My right eye which was the worst of the two is amazing! Color?? Yes indeed…..color is overwhelming. If I close my right eye and look through the other one the world is dingy but when I look with my new eye…..I feel like the blind who has miraculously received sight. If the worst eye makes such a difference and my best (other) eye looks so dull…..I can’t imagine how bad my total vision was. Now!! Where’s my dust cloth? Duh!!

The procedure was so quick I didn’t even warm up the table I lay on. Dr. Jones was last to make himself known to me and his introduction was hardly said before I was helped into a wheel chair to return to the car where Becky was waiting. Talk about modern efficiency and results! I could see better instantly and just had a slight stinging in the eye which soon disappeared.

I was told I wouldn’t have the full benefit today as there would be some swelling but by tomorrow I should reach the desired effect. I am looking forward to the next surgery so both eyes will work in tandem once more. Of course on the negative side, when I looked in the mirror this morning I find I’m not nearly as beautiful as I thought I was (laugh loudly)…….and Rocky must have had cataracts too for he constantly told me how pretty I was. He either had cataracts or learned what to say to make me happy. (Laughing is permitted.)

Becky was an excellent nurse and treated me to biscuits and gravy with a side of bacon afterwards. A new restaurant opened so we tried it out…….it moved in where the old Shoney’s used to be. With redecorating and a new menu it passed inspection the first time. I’ve learned not to be so quick to recommend a place until we’ve eaten there three times. A new place starts out with a bang and once they become complacent the quality and service goes south. Personal opinion.

Well, I’d better take my good eye and introduce it to household drudgery. I’m not given to cruises or travel so once my eyes meet the family and either host or visit them, the thrill will be gone. Now if I were a younger woman I would……….oh, lets not go there. My morning chores await………

Essentially Esther