<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

THE ONE-EYED GAL..... 

Becky is back to work today so it is time for me to get out of the visiting mode and get back to work. Laundry never stops when I do and the room I’ve started working on is waiting for me to finish. I have dust from cat litter on the shelves in what I call my “office.” I love my cats but the side effects from having them is not enjoyed. There is always a little snag in any endeavor and cat litter is mine.

I woke this morning to a beautiful sunrise shining on the trees dressed in ice. Before sunset last night there was a breeze which worried me but no harm came to the trees in our yard. Their groaning and letting loose of some branches in the back woods was a sorrowful sound.

We are to have sunshine all day with another flow of warm air coming up from the Gulf and temps rising to the high 30’s. The melting will make it possible for me to get out to feed the birds and allow the garage kitties to come out. They have been shut up three days and I know they are ready to roam and prowl…..they have sat at the garage window looking out through all this ice, sleet and snow.

I want to do some painting while it is bright and sunny. The cataracts I have make some colors look strange and small print is impossible. I go tomorrow for an appointment…..I don’t know if they will do one eye while I’m there or if it’s just a consultation visit. At any rate, I will know once I get there. It’s a late afternoon appointment.

Duty calls so I must get busy. Hope it’s warm and pleasant where you are. John wrote a blog today and I know a lot of you read him so stroll over and see what he has to say. I’ll be back here tomorrow……maybe, with one eye working.

Essentially Esther