<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, February 07, 2008

LOOKING FOR VISITORS..... 

Rocky’s brother Richard and wife, Helen, will be coming tomorrow afternoon and we are looking forward to their visit. We always have a good time when they come. It is bitter-sweet in a way because when we are together there is one special person missing.

I have mentioned before that the Rockenbach siblings have met once or twice a year at some interesting place for a day or two to tour the area and catch up with each other. I think that is such a good idea…..making time for the people who are important in your life.

So today I have done a little preparation for them and at the same time, I’m aware it is the 11th year since my second husband, Warren (Bear) died. Sometimes we wonder how or why things happen as they do but I believe God has a plan for our lives and what happens is meant to be. I am thankful I was able to care for Bear at home so we had more time together. Hospice is a blessing for families that want to take care of their own.

I never intended to remarry but God thought otherwise. Rocky came into my life 4 years after Bear died and I think everyone knows the story of our high-school sweetheart years…..when we found one another again it was kismet…..and as they say, the rest is history. Soon it will be a year since we said goodbye to him for the last time……

…….but tomorrow there will be laughter and food and fun and we will enjoy the time together as we always have. We are determined to take life head-on and enjoy the good things and to be grateful for the blessings given to us.

I will be silent until Monday when I will be back with more chatter. Here’s wishing one and all a very happy weekend and lots of sunshine in your life. So until then……I am,

Essentially Esther