<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

BUSNESS CALLS ONCE AGAIN....... 

It seems my writing has taken a hike since the last offering. I have many good reasons for being tardy but I do miss writing when I don’t have the time. This morning when I woke up it was sunny and balmy….however, the Canada Clipper is drawing a bead on Smalltown and our temps are due to drop throughout the day. OK, I don’t expect Spring weather in February and so far the worst of the ice-storms, tornadoes and floods have not hampered us. I am truly grateful for that and truly sorry for the folks who weren’t as fortunate.

I read the blog John wrote yesterday, commemorating their 25th wedding anniversary. They have shown the rest of us what a good marriage is. God has blessed their life because He has always been first in their lives. Love seems to manifest itself where harmony prevails. I know a little bit about happy marriages myself. I pray they have many more years together.

Becky was off work from noon last Thursday until yesterday. When she has time off we usually embark on a dozen ideas to make good use of the time. Since we are both very much alike we normally get some cockamamie idea about the same time and the race is on.

The first afternoon we went to meet my surgeon for the preliminary visit before cataract surgery. Becky sat nervously in the waiting area where I was last seen following the lady down a long hall. She put me through the expected routine and then took me to another room and finally a patient waiting area. When I joined her 3-hours later she was the only one left……she had imagined all kinds of bad things, one being that they did surgery and something went terribly wrong. Isn’t it great having a family member that dedicated? Poor Becky has imagined a lot of things where I’m concerned and I keep her constantly in a stew (as my mother used to say).

One of the days Becky and I went to Springfield and spent the afternoon going through our favorite Flea Market. It’s a huge warehouse kind of building that is all sectioned off to individual vendors and it remains our most profitable place to buy “pre-owned” treasures. You are either a “junk-monkey” or you aren’t. Becky and I find it an inexpensive way to change the theme in our homes. Of course if something comes “in” then something must go “out“. It’s our cardinal rule.

Therefore we found our need for a small booth at our local “Antique Barn”….yes, you heard right. Another booth after 6-weeks being out of business. However, it has it’s merits and so we are back once more. The owners are like family to us and we live only a mile or so from the Barn so it will not be as burdensome as the large booth and showcase we had before. Dad always said, “Only a fool never changes his mind.” If that’s true I must be brilliant!

Monday Rocky’s daughter Holly and husband (plus two friends of the family) came for lunch on their way back home from a “get-away“ weekend. Becky and I had the food ready when they came and we had a nice visit after eating. That pretty much rounds out our five days of fun, so now it’s time to pay the piper and get busy here. I hope you have a great day and every good thing comes by the dozen for you. Until the next time then……

Essentially Esther