<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

WEATHER MOVES IN..... 

Good morning from the Ozarks…..luckily we are still here although I had my doubts for awhile yesterday. I woke to the most beautiful sunrise……the whole Eastern sky was aflame which transferred to the light cloud cover and made the world look beautiful. If that’s what they mean by “rose colored glasses” count me in. Nature outdoes anything man can come up with.

If my mother or grandmother were alive they would make the proclamation “Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning” or change sailors to shepherds and it’s the same. How many of you grew up with a “weather profit” and a “saying” for anything that happened. Some day I think I will make a list of them all and leave the end open so I can add more as the memory recalls them.

Getting back to the wind yesterday poor Napoleon had a hard time staying on the ground. His tail has grown long again and if he doesn’t face the wind he is almost airborne. He stayed in the leeward side of the house and burrowed into the soft dirt and leaves. He’s no dummy. I have to give him credit….he has managed almost 3-years without any company of his kind, food of his kind or anything of his kind. Our three outside cats are his constant companions, and of course, me.

I had the bird feeders full before the winds came and the cardinals were having the same problem as Napoleon. The little feathers on top of their head were blowing in all directions. I can always tell when a weather change is coming because the birds flock in to fill-up before the weather goes bad. In the empty house next door the wind drove the leaves to the corner where our fences meet and with 45-mile an hour winds, the excesses found their way over the fence and now I am the recipient. After paying $180 to have my leaves disposed of in November that doesn’t make me too happy. I guess I’ll take Rocky’s attitude about it. He always jokingly said, “God put them there and God will take them away.” I’m going to see how that works.

I have errands to run today and since Becky is with the crew where I am going I will join them for lunch. In the 11-years I’ve been retired I haven’t done that much but today it’s a plan. Time for me to leave so I’d better make tracks. Here’s hoping you have a really nice day……

Essentially Esther