<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, January 31, 2008

SNOW AND FOOTBALL..... 

It began snowing at 8:45 this morning. In an hour we had a white world. The kitties sat at the window watching the snow float down with obvious interest. When we had the 45-mile-an-hour winds on Tuesday they watched the leaves twirl and whirl past their vantage point. When blowing straight into the window where they sat they did a lot of head bobbing. Actually, it made them a little too excitable. I wonder if they make tranquillizers for kitties?

The snow stopped for the most part and the world is clean and beautiful to the eye. I haven’t seen Napoleon at all today and I’m sure he has holed up in some of his safety places to protect himself. He will be around for a good supper tonight because I know he can’t forage as usual. Yesterday I tried him on Pecan Sandies I brought home from the store…..he loves them. If I break up any thing sweet he will eat it. I’ve often wondered if peacocks have a taste ability because he definitely has a flare for sugar.

I’m counting the days to the Super-Bowl. With all the hoopla from the media I’m getting my post-game jitters. You see, I am in every play, pushing, tackling, throwing those passes….catching passes…….WOW!! I don’t just sit there like a bump on a log……I’m “into” it from announcing to the last play.

Who do I pick? I like Brady but I always go with the underdog…..in this case my heart picks Eli. I would love to see Eli win because he’s such a likeable kid. I’m sure (in the past) he has been playing with a lot of scrutiny, being compared to big brother, Peyton. Eli has a calm and polite manner uncommon in most athletes. He is confident without being obnoxious or thumping his chest when someone catches his pass.

I’ve often wondered at the silliness some of the players expose after a good play. Pardon me, but isn’t that why they get the big bucks? They are doing what they are paid to do and therefore it’s irritating to me when they prance around showing their biceps and attempting to steal the glory. I’ve watched enough football to know one defender does NOT make the play himself. Those other guys on the field sacrifice themselves for yardage by tackling, protecting the quarterback etc; No one should assume he did anything without help.

So guys, get the job done. Don’t be a hot-dog or act UNproffesional. If the Patriots win it will be a very historical moment in the sport called football. But Brady has already been there and cashed in…..time to let another deserving guy have the same pleasure.

OK, Eli……this is your moment!! I’ll be front and center and making my plays. You take care of business and I’ll do my part. You look like a winner to me!!!

Essentially Esther