<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Sunday, January 20, 2008

GO FARVE.....YAAHHH FARVE!!! 

I am a dedicated football fan in my secular life. Over the years I have watched “kids” from the college level graduate and join the ranks of professional football. Some like college football and some only like the pro games but I’ve learned a lot by watching both. For spirit you can’t beat the college games. Playing for the honor of their school brings out more dedication (it seems to me) than many of the pro games. Also, when the draft picks up the college players you already know them as they integrate into pro ball.

The alumni are in the stands with college days and playing days over. It is a precious few that can earn a living within the community of football.

You know what makes me smile every time? Seeing senior citizens at ANY game, be it football, baseball or all the rest……little old ladies or portly men, chanting, screaming, yelling and all manner of participation for their team. When anyone that age can give so much enthusiasm for their sport, I say, “Good for YOU!”

My favorite way of watching a game is in my living room with the comforts our home provides and kibitzing with another serious fan. Rocky and I were good armchair players and we usually rooted for the same team….if we didn’t care for either team on a given Sunday we supported the underdog.

OK….so here is the part that makes Becky crazy. Once I hone in on the subject of football the conversation goes straight to Brett Farve. He has been the player I most like to watch. Win, lose or draw, he is Mr. Football for me. No player has ever earned my respect like Number Four!

This is where I drop my secular self and go to my spiritual self. I will be praying for another outstanding game for Brett because of his humility, ability and the joy it is to watch him. A gracious winner, manly in loosing but always a guy who just loves the game.

I’ll always be front and center whenever Brett takes the field…….

Essentially Esther