<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, January 10, 2008

CHARITABLE THERAPY..... 

Good morning from the Ozarks. This is going to be a very busy day so I’m going to write early to let family and friends know what’s going on here. After getting back from the trip Becky and I took over the week-end I came home determined to get at some organization and re-arranging. It is actually therapeutic (as Becky says) and I have boxes of things I’m going to wish on the Rockenbach kids when they come Sunday for our late Christmas gathering.

As you know if you’ve read my blog very long I am a dish fanatic. The years I’ve been in the Antique and Flea Market business, I have gathered many different patterns and colors. I have sets for two, three or four, up to a dozen. I am in the business of keeping the ones I really love and passing out the overflow to the family. The more I box up to give away the more stress leaves me. Maybe I’ll just eat on paper plates from now on…….Ha!! Yah, right!! An addict has to take one day at a time and while I’m in the mood I need to finish with that project today.

Tomorrow I go to visit my friend in the assisted living complex and Saturday I will prepare for the Rockenbach kids who will come on Sunday. It will be a lot of fun and I’m eager to see them all.

Each day I am getting more of my energy back. I can’t believe what a difference the medication for thyroid deficiency is making…..you don’t realize the loss until you start feeling better. I’ve been living in the gray area for far too long. Years ago, they sold Geritol (sp?) to lots of little old ladies to pep them up……does anyone of you remember the product? Probably some thyroid medicine would have done them more good.

This week has been windy but warm….I’ve been making a lot of trips to the garage to repack things there and get things more in order. It will take a while but when the weather is nice I like to work there. I know the weather will change rapidly if Curtis (Ellen’s husband) leaves his Winnipeg door open. He’s already sent several blasts from Canada…….I know it’s all your fault, Curtis. Ha!

Well, I’d better get up and get busy here. I have a big day planned while I have the desire to rid things……Janet, your day will come. Wish you were closer so I could pass on to you BUT I am putting things away for you. Do not despair….I have some very special things for you as well.

I am booked for Valentine’s day for a visit to the doctor who will remove my cataracts. They are to the place where I notice the deficiency and am anxious to have them out. I guess he’ll perform one of them on that day unless there are reasons I don’t know of. That’s a ways down the road so it’s on my back-burner.

Have a great day and remember to whistle while you work…..

Essentially Esther