<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, December 31, 2007

GOODBYE TO 2007..... 

Like most of you, it’s hard to believe 2007 is on it’s way out. I want to hang on to the years for they seem to be going much too fast. There is so much available to us on every level that I find myself swinging from branch to branch like a trained monkey. So much goes on that I would like to take part in, or accomplish…..but the merry-go-round won’t slow down long enough for me to get off.

This year has been significant for me and the family and friends of Rocky and Dale. It doesn’t seem right to mention Morris the cat along with Rocky and Dale but Morris and I had a long history together. He provided a very strange thing when he came to live with us the very day Rocky and I found each other at a class reunion. It had been 40 years since we were able to connect after our high school romance.

Well, life being as unpredictable as it is, we ended up finding each other quite accidentally after we were both widowed. We took one look at each other and the rest is history. Rocky and I had 6 wonderful years, living our dream as I’ve often said before. Strangely, Rocky and Morris died on the same day…..April 24th this past year. It is one of the strange “cat tales” you read about some time and there is no explaining it.

I lost four things I loved this past year, of course, being the three mentioned and then Ellen. There are many people, like me, who enjoyed her banter and wit on the blog site. She was a jewel and she and Curtis, like Rocky and me, had a wonderful but short marriage before she died of cancer. It’s hard to feel sorry for myself when I know what a miracle God arranged for us. There had to be a reason God chose to take them home.

With managing Dale’s probate affairs, the summer and fall went quickly. I learned a lot and also learned a lot of patience…..plus determination. I found the squeaky wheel really does make things happen. In late fall I finished my part of his estate and am waiting to close when the lawyer finishes his work. I don’t think I want to be a bill collector or a lawyer in my next life.

So today, I am finishing up the necessary things to end one year and begin the next. I know 2008 will be eager to start tracking through the coming months and it will go quickly as the past year. I am extremely grateful for the health, the family, the friends….our free country and so much more. I am a product of a lot of people who have loved and helped me along my journey.

I want to wish everyone a very happy new year, full of all good things and things that are good for you. May you prosper in every way……and thank you for your interest in the blogs I try to write. You keep me at it.

Essentially Esther