<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, December 03, 2007

A BLOG ABOUT NOTHING...... 

Good morning everybody! Rip Van Winkle woke up and is beginning to get the impact of Christmas in her rear view mirror. How did it get so late so early? This year I am doing all of my shopping “on line” and evidently the whole country is doing the same. What do you suppose all of those circuits going through space looks like?

It is nothing short of amazing to me how I can sit here in my chair, shop the world by looking at a box on the desk and receive packages from any place I choose. I guess life is catching up with all those comic books my brother and I read as kids. Had those men chose science over comics, they would have been way ahead of their time. I guess it all comes into being at God’s timing.

Well, Seinfeld had a show about nothing and I guess this is a blog about nothing. I have tried writing ever since the last post but my timing was off. I had lengthy phone calls, Becky’s welcome company evenings and the weekend……and of course, football. I enjoy all of that and maybe more than I should this close to Christmas.

I am excited because all three of my children will be here and two of my three grandchildren. Of course, the grand-dogs will also come to entertain Mandy, Punkin and Sassy. They are amazingly hospitable to each other and the only negative thing is that Bear and Murphy are BIG drinkers and they are oblivious to the fact they slosh it all over the kitchen floor every time…….but hey, it’s not a big deal. Small amounts of water will not hurt my kitchen floor.

I discovered something the last time Murphy and Bear came to visit. Whoever took “their” dog out to potty took the other two as well……Mandy always gets a doggie treat when she comes in and guess how long it took Murphy and Bear to figure that out? About the third trip together I saw three little faces looking up at me with Murphy and Bear trying to look like Mandy. Their expression was sooooooooo funny……..like…..”maybe grandma won’t realize we aren’t Mandy.”

John says now when they get close to the end of the trip he tells Bear “we’re almost to grandma’s house” and he gets all excited. After all, grandma’s are supposed to be spoilers…..right? Of course, I believe everything John says….of course I do!

My Rockenbach kids and their families will be having Christmas with us when we can set a date. Because of the distance between and their multiple families it is usually after New Year’s when we are able to manage a time. However when any of our kids can come it is always special, no matter the calendar date.

I’d better get busy here and begin my race towards the finish line for Christmas preparation…….I told you this was a blog about nothing……..Ha!

Essentially Esther