<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

WHAT THANKSGIVING MEANS TO ME..... 

…..a loving God who has never given up on me…..that He knows me by name and it is written in His Book of Life. For His constant training to make me a better person even when I didn’t know Him. I’m thankful He never let me by with second best….it would have made me weaker and less thankful. I’m glad He never changed His mind one day to the next on what His expectations were of me. He was and is, constant. I love that. I know my boundaries and they are not difficult.

I’m glad He gave me a heart that cries out to Him in the good times and the bad. He loves to show me what He can do…..He just wants me to ask Him, to be grateful and to share what I’ve been given. It is not hard for He gives so much more than I could ever hope to give away.

I am grateful for rest when I’m weary. He always knows before I do and I am either given strength to finish or the wisdom to let things go. I am thankful for the strength of my youth which carried me to the next stepping stone of maturity. We are not meant to stay on one step too long.

I am thankful for comfort in the tough times of life. When I am sad or hurt, world weary or enveloped in the pain of grief, He comforts me. He is gentle and quiet and I feel His presence holding me close…..He is the one who never leaves me and will always be with me, here and in the life to come.

I cannot comprehend His forgiveness, His love, His caring. I am made of dust and He gave me life……I am in a long line of family who sought to know Him better. I realize in my lifespan the amount of knowledge available far exceeds what they knew. Yet, with blind faith they continued on, believing what they could not prove.

I am thankful for my mistakes….I learned from them. I am thankful I can feel pity and mercy and act accordingly. It is because I have received mercy and a loving God feels pity for me. He helps me forgive when I don’t want to…..He gives my soul freedom when I would otherwise be condemned.

I am thankful where God put me. For the family I was born into, for the children He sent me to mother. For the gift of love He allowed me to receive and give….I am blessed far beyond what I could ever imagine…..and my heart is truly thankful.


Essentially Esther