<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, November 01, 2007

PUNKIN' COMES HOME..... 

Today is another beautiful fall day. Crisp and clear with an azure sky and no humidity. My kind of day. After lunch, I drove out to bring Punkin’ home from the Vet. She withstood her surgery very well and as soon as she gets used to being an inside kitty she will love it here.

Mandy was very concerned because Punkin’ is in a large pet carrier and her little whiny voice is upsetting Mandy. No reaction from Sassy yet. When I brought the carrier in the house, she feared she was soon to be put in for a trip to the Vet. She ran to the back and is presently under the bed.

This time it wasn’t meant for her but she’ll figure that out in due time. I’m sure Punkin’s meowing is making her curious but it will be a major choice to risk being put in the carrier herself.

It makes me realize how many times I’m the “scaredy cat” when God does something in my life that is out of my comfort box. We are all afraid of anything new and just like for Punkin’ it will all be better in due time….just because she doesn’t know, it doesn’t mean it can’t happen. She will come out of the pet carrier and learn to be an inside kitty.

I guess when you’re over-the-hill the only thing left to fear is death itself. I personally think people lie when they say they are ready to go anytime. I’ve never met anyone who wanted to go “right then.” There are religious zealots who see it as the ultimate adventure but in my case I’ve never wanted to climb Everest or swim the English Channel to France…..jump from a plane or feast on octopus.

It is my faith that calms my own thoughts about that last breath. I’m old enough to look back and see that God never missed a step in any of my big life-trauma’s. He was always listening when I called and always gave me good advice. Although I’m impulsive and impatient by nature, He has always had a loose rein on me to let me figure out whose idea was best….His or mine. Of course you know the answer to that.

I’m pretty sure you can trust someone who knew you before you became a fetus in your mother’s womb. I’m pretty sure you can trust someone who only wants to make your existence fulfilling. I’m also sure you can trust someone who dares to let you travel the road you want and then pick up the pieces when you crash.

The best rule book tells us to learn from our mistakes, try to make others happy, leave your world a little better than you found it and be an example of what’s right. It’s kind of like driving a car without a steering wheel…..we need a lot of help.

Until tomorrow, I am,
Essentially Esther