<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, October 11, 2007

WONDERFUL OCTOBER..... 

The weather is so beautiful….I always forget how much I love October. Our leaves are still green although we have some on the ground from the dry summer we’ve had. We’ve had no frost threat yet but the nights are dipping into the low 40’s so it won’t be long until Mr. Frost will be biting.

I’ve been working on changing the closets over to winter clothes. I like to do that ahead so when the weather turns I’m ready. I have sorted all of Rocky’s things to give to his son when I see him Saturday. Our families, who can, will be coming over Saturday morning to watch the “Meet In The Street Strongman Memorial for RockStar“. I’m anxious to see our teams compete……we will have three of them and mostly guys who worked out with Rocky. They’ve been working hard to make a good showing and hopefully keep the trophy in our gym.

I remember my senior year of high school one day when the weather was just like today. Three of my girl-friends and I decided it was too pretty to go back to school after the lunch break. We skipped and went walking along the high-way looking at all the trees changing and just being silly girls. At the peak of our adventure the Driver’s Ed class met us with everyone honking and waving. The teacher was young himself and never reported us. In those days “skipping” was a very serious offence and would bring a reprimand. Those were the days……as real as if it happened yesterday.

I wonder if any of you are watching Dancing With The Stars? Becky and I enjoy the program and wonder who will take the prize. I sit amazed looking at the beating those skimpy little costumes take during the dance and wondering what keeps them on. I wish “ready made” clothing was made as durable….…….I would think the poor women sewing them for each performance should be allowed to take a bow. It has to take hours and hours with all of the pearls and sequins, fittings and changes. I agree that this year the contestants are very highly motivated and put the work in on their dance each week. I’ve been enjoying Donnie Osmond with his cameo appearances……I guess I could say the Osmonds are the all-American family. We’ve watched their performances in different venues over the years and have always been entertained.

With the weather cooling down and the humidity gone I am beginning to feel better. Fibromyalgia is always worse in the heat and humid days of summer. Strangely I do much better in the winter so I am grateful for my recent relief. It is time to get this year’s flu shot. As a retired Driver Examiner the State makes them available and I believe in getting them. Mom used to say, “It’s better to be safe than sorry” so Mom, I’m doing my best to stay well…….and I’m always a happy girl.

Essentially Esther