<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

TALKING ON THE RUN..... 

I’m digging out of a 3-day weekend by being gone and getting all the little critters taken care of. Yesterday I just seemed to be walking from room to room looking at the unpacking, laundry and not feeling up to any of it. I’m ashamed to say I sort of took the day off and “wandered” while I organized my thoughts. It has always been hard to leave for a few days and then pick up where I left off at home.

Speaking of critters, besides the four stray cats that come right before sundown and the skunk, I took one last look before I went to bed Monday night and there was a possum eating what was left of the cat food. He was undaunted by the porch light and continued eating until I stepped on the porch, then he disappeared under the nearby foliage. I imagine once I was back inside he returned to polish off what was left.

We had a wonderful time with George and managed to get the priority things accomplished, one being laser engraving on the Memorial Trophy of Rock Star. He would be proud of our efforts, I know, but embarrassed at all the fuss over him. He preferred being in the background while others took their bows.

We hit all the best places to eat in the area and believe me, the pickin’ is easy. We managed as many as we had time for, meeting up with DiDi and her family for one big night at the Shawnee Pizza Parlor. It has always been a favorite of our family. Becky and DiDi are as close as sisters and always have more fun than a barrel of monkeys. George and I rarely get in a word but we eat while they gab.

Back to the trophy. This coming Saturday morning is the RockStar Memorial Strongman “Meet In The Street” at the gym. It is an outdoor event with the street blocked off while the guys compete in teams for the RockStar trophy. Our gym has 3 teams and they’ve been working hard to keep the trophy at our gym. They are definite about not letting it go to another gym. I drove it down to the gym yesterday afternoon and Craig who is doing a lot of work on the project was delighted with the outcome. It was engraved and then filled in with gold leaf. Beautiful.

Craig was in charge of the Tee-Shirts for the Meet. Holly (Rocky’s daughter) made the design and Craig has dealt with the design and silk print folks who will put Rocky’s picture on the back and a shooting star on the front. I can hardly wait to see the finished product. Everyone has put in stellar effort on all this.

Speaking of effort…….I’d better get busy with things here. I can report the weather is perfect October and it’s hard to stay inside, but I must. I made myself a little happier by opening all the windows and baby, it’s a cool breeze but I keep telling myself it’s “free air-conditioning. I hope you have had a good weekend as well and here we are, half-way to another……now that’s a “good” thing.

Until the next time, I am,
Essentially Esther