<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, October 25, 2007

JUST A QUIET DAY..... 

Becky and I went for our flu shots this morning and I haven’t seen so many retirees in one place in a long time. Most of the folks I worked with have been retired for several years. The atmosphere was much like a high school reunion. I was struck with the fact that no one was in a hurry. Each was glad to see the other and it provided a time for us to catch up on what’s been happening in our circle.

Of course with such a group, many have had health issues or been widowed, which is sad. I can be very grateful that my health is good and the scratches on my face and neck are slowly going away. The Patrol has always been like a family and there were lots of smiling faces.

I came home and had some lunch, then went to make sure Becky’s car was going together like we hoped. I think for the damage incurred it is looking as good as it can under the circumstances. I will soon be finding a man to repair the garage roof and patch a few places here. With winter coming soon it’s a good idea to be prepared.

Saturday we will be going back to Springfield for the day……we have several things we need to see about and one day will do it. The highlight will be a good lunch where there is a large selection of restaurants.

We will soon be taking a little trip to visit Rocky’s brother Richard and his wife. It’s been in the planning stage and I think we’ve all hit a date that will work for us. It’s amazing how hard it is to make visits when we’re all retired except Becky. We will be going to Shawnee to visit George over Thanksgiving I think…….or else he will come here. We’re still working on that…….

Outside is dark and misty. Evening is coming on and our days are becoming shorter and shorter. Time to settle in for supper and some TV…….

Until the next time, I am,
Essentially Esther