<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

FAMILY WEDDING..... 

Well, Becky and I went to the wedding of Rocky’s grand-daughter on Saturday and I wrote about it yesterday. When I went to post it, it disappeared into the cavernous climes of black screen and refused to come out.

Now I’ll admit, for a lady who is usually sweet and caring…….I really built up a head of steam when it left me blank. I had to leave for the afternoon…….so no blog yesterday. Of course I could have written last night but……you know…..football was on and I did feel a little guilty but decided to forget a blog until today. Yes, I gave in to the selfish desire to watch the game.

The computer didn’t shut down properly last night and today I had no icons, favorites or tool bar. Nothing to turn it on with….in desperation I called the Dell Help Line and a recording actually got me back in business. In my past experience with “Help Lines” I never felt helped. However, today I have to admit they got me back on line. I believe in giving credit where credit is due.

Speaking of football, I want to jump up and down that Brett Farve broke the record for most touchdown passes. I have loved Brett for years because there just isn’t anybody who enjoys playing the game like he does. He is Mr. Football to me. Being a Chief’s fan for years and years (and living with dreams unrealized) I adopted Brett just because no matter what…….he’s the best as I see it.

The wedding was very nice. Becky and I drove over for the late afternoon affair which was held in one of the city parks. The wedding took place against a steep bluff of natural rock and stone, greenery growing naturally up and down the edifice, and white Romanesque columns flanking a long platform. Rocky’s grand-daughter wore a traditional white gown with veil, train and a sweeping skirt giving off pretty sparkles in the late sunlight.

She chose black and red for the attendants and the colors were striking with the bride’s white gown. Weddings are always nice because families make an effort to “be there” and a reunion takes place as a union is formed for the bride and groom. So now they begin their journey together and those of us who have been happily married know the joys of a life shared with the person that makes our life complete.

Of course, Rocky was very much on everyone’s minds because it is the first family gathering since his memorial. His presence will always dominate our times together because he loved all of us so much………and because we loved him the same.

Congratulations to the new couple.

Until tomorrow, I am,
Essentially Esther