<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Friday, August 10, 2007

PIZZA NIGHT....... 

Friday afternoon and it’s extremely sunny today. In fact it’s a whopping 100* outside and my cats look like they’ve been wrung out. They’ve managed to stay in shade all day and we have had a little breeze now and then. I took care of the birds and made an inspection of the flowers and bushes. They’re really taking a beating and I can’t stay out to water them. Too risky with my heat problems.

I’ve been hoping the electricity stays on……I can’t imagine bearing this weather if we didn’t have a way of getting cool. I never had AC until 1982 and cooked hot meals and canned our garden things in pressure cookers……..when I think of it the temperature must have been 150* in the kitchen. Good thing I was lots younger at the time.

Becky will come in soon and begin sniffing for her Friday night pizza. That girl could eat pizza three times a day every day. She eats it cold, hot, thick, thin, with or without a lot of extras BUT she cannot do without jalapenos thrown on before baking. That girl has gone through enough family size jugs of pickled jalapenos to sink a battleship. Don’t know how she does it……it’s got to do something for her more than it does me. I like hot things but a little at a time.

Janet, thank you for my surprise in the mail today. You are so right, girl, that is definitely ME. Thanks for the laugh and hugs. We are looking forward to Holly coming the 25th when Rocky’s Memorial Strong Man’s Meet will take place at the gym. We have bought the trophies for it and they are very pretty. I’ll get pictures and Becky can put them on my computer maybe. If not, she has been able to on hers at times. Holly will stay over with Becky and me so we’ll have a girls night and slumber party.

Next Wednesday, Rocky’s brother and wife (Richard and Helen) are flying to St. Louis and being shuttled down to Rolla where I will pick them up. They purchased Dale’s ‘98 Ford pickup and will drive it home after we have a good visit. I will soon be finished with the lion’s share of Dale’s estate. Hopefully will be able to sell his mobile home in the near future. Old mobile homes aren’t very saleable and his was not in good condition, plus being in a “Seniors” trailer park so anyone under 55 will have the job of moving it. I may have to just let it sit there as options pass us by.

At any rate, it’s TGIF and that means kick back and enjoy the weekend. Becky and I will do our share and hope the same for you. Keep Ellen and Curtis in your prayers. I’m sure God is very close to them and will give them the peace they need. It’s just so hard to lose good people……Rocky, Dale and now Ellen is needing a miracle. I know her biggest miracle was Curtis and he feels the same.

God bless them both………

Until Monday, I am,
Essentially Esther