<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, August 20, 2007

THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY..... 

The week is starting out nice with a slow soaking rain. We have been so dry the past month I’ve had to forfeit a lot of beauty from my flowers and bushes. Just keeping them alive has been a chore for the heat drove me back inside more than once. I am greatly encouraged by the rain falling today.

I continue to wonder about Ellen and Curtis. I look every day to see if Curtis has written anything on his site. I’m sorry I can only read and am not able to comment. For some reason I’ve never been able to leave a comment or email as my password is never accepted. I can write to Ellen’s address and leave word there. I can only imagine the weariness he must be feeling……and of course emotions are at an all time high. Cancer seems to be invading almost every family and leaving a lot of sorrow behind.

As for myself I think I am some better with the fibromyalgia. Once the pain medication kicks in I have a pretty normal day. Eventually I can cut back on the medication and go back to my “normal” routines. However, I’m finding it’s a little harder to keep the pace I once did.

I don’t know if I’m lazy or smart……my body wants to sit on the couch and my brain is leaning towards the vacuum sweeper. The scary thing is, my brain doesn’t put up a fuss or shame me anymore. It’s like, “well, OK, if you think we should……but just for a little while.” Body is liking the soft sitting position and Brain says, “Hey, this is nice. Let’s just sit here a while…….Esther, you should rest more, you know…..it’s OK!! At your age you need more rest…..you’ve worked hard in your life. Be smart and wise up…..you don‘t need to work all the time.”

Stomach is somewhere deep inside and shouting up………. “Hey!! I’d like some ice-cream down here…..how about it? You should have some as a reward for all you’ve been through.” Brain…… “sounds good to me, how bout you, Body?” Body….. “Oh I hate to get up and besides it’ll make me look fat in my jeans!” Brain…….. “OK, let’s go at the count of three…..one, two,”…….Body…… “Oh OK……I’m going but you’d better not tell Becky that I’m eating ice-cream again or I’ll”…….Brain and Stomach……. “We won’t tell ……..pile ‘er up there and let’s go back to the couch!” Body…….. “sounds good to me, we can always do our work tomorrow. Yummy, yummy!!!!

After all that…….I think I’m due for a nap……

See you tomorrow, Lord willing,
Essentially Esther