<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A FUN WEEKEND...... 

I guess I gave myself a 3-day weekend this time. Rocky’s daughter, Holly, came to visit on Saturday and stayed until Monday afternoon. Becky, Holly and I spent the time just doing what we wanted. That’s always a good way to spend a weekend.

Holly brought Memorial Shirts that people from the gym have ordered so we delivered them on Monday and had a nice visit with Craig, the owner. He has great plans for the “Strong Man Meet in the Street” which will take place October 13th. He seriously intends making two events a year in memory of Rocky. There will be a Weight Lifting Meet in the Spring sometime and then some Scholarships for the local high school at school’s end for the year.

I love to see the enthusiasm Craig has…..talking loud with his booming voice, eyes wide with the thoughts of what he’s talking about and eventually the tears come….he misses Rocky as much as any blood relative could. He will wipe the tears away and then tell us a funny story about something that happened while Rocky was at the gym. Our visit usually ends when he runs out of words and just shakes his head. After a point, words fail Craig. He gives us an enormous hug and once again tells us he loves us……and he does…….and we love him back. Craig and Rocky had a unique friendship that will not end just because Rocky is gone from him.

Today I drove myself crazy trying to reconcile some papers in Dale’s Estate Account and after calling every State in the Union I finally got it resolved. I am a creative person by nature…..I always hated math. It is too boring and never loves your fingers as yarn, cloth, crochet thread or painting…..I am always amazed at what beauty comes forth when working with your hands. No, I could never be an accountant.

Life is going well here. I am slowly getting some things done that I’ve had to put off either with the heat or fibromyalgia but I know my favorite time of year is coming up and I am looking forward to that. Fall, and October. The little Japanese Maple tree continues to grow green shoots around the dead parent tree and it gives me so much pleasure to see what looked dead before is growing beautiful and strong once more.

God shows us in so many ways that there is life after death and abundant life while we live. The little tree we planted with such joy is alive again and proves that death once is not the end……..we shall live again.

Until tomorrow, I am,
Essentially Esther