<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, July 12, 2007

MORNING JOY..... 

-----I have come in from a walk around the yard. Callie, the girl who now cuts the grass and weed-eats for me, does a beautiful job and I enjoy my flowers even more when they are displayed around a pretty lawn. I especially enjoy the little guys who come up naturally for they have had a battle to process the necessary events to become a plant. They are not particular….they come up from under rocks, sidewalks, the gravel drive and in thickets of weeds.

Of course the hybrids are lovely but they should be. They have been in the care of greenhouses, loamy fields of flower-growers who devote every attention to their needs….water when they needed it, shade, fertilizer and all the rest. I look at it this way. Most of them will produce the desired results because they have had every possibility of care.

I was delighted to spy blooming cone flowers at the edge of the tree-line we left natural in the back of our property . Regardless of their struggle to reach sunshine from under the red bud trees, the fact they were never watered except by rain and many of them never seen……they press on to begin their cycle of life.

I have always been for the underdog, the disadvantaged, the lost, the strays…….one look in their eyes tells the story of their sad existence from dogs and cats to flowers and their need for tender care. I am a nurse to the sick plants, a friend to the abused and a really angry woman when someone treats “life” of anything as fair game. Life is precious….it doesn’t last forever….nothing does.

I have had the most unusual Spring of my entire life. I have been uprooted, dried out, watered too much and left empty. I would stay that way but I know I am one of those plants coming up from under rocks……it is tough going but I know I will bloom when it’s time.

The flowers are lovelier this year than ever. I have only had time to pluck a weed here and there but I have selected to ignore the weeds and feast my eyes on the flowers. I may find time to weed, or not……but I will not miss a flower that blooms for me.

We shouldn’t busy ourselves with weeds and forget to see the flowers……………

Until the next time, I am,
Essentially Esther