<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, July 30, 2007

LITTLE SPRAYERS..... 

Another week is underway and with it a promise of renewed energy. I rested as much as I could over the weekend…..I’m finding naps are a good thing. I don’t sleep long but the mid-afternoon snooze is very relaxing. Speaking of napping our pastor has been out two Sunday’s on vacation so we have had guest speakers in his place. It’s a dead give-a-way when you pull into the lot. Fewer cars means unoccupied pews inside. I’ve never read where it says “you” can go on vacation too when the preacher does. OK, I guess that’s it from the “church cop.” J

The ones of you who follow Ellen and/or Curtis’s blogs are no doubt worried as I am. When the blogsite goes quiet for a blogger, it’s serious. Their last words were very disturbing and I keep searching in hopes of finding them writing again…….to no avail. All we can do is pray for them both and hope for the best.

For ten years I have had a friend who used to drive out for lunch one day a week. That went on until she had more major health problems. She couldn’t drive anymore and so I went after her and took her home. She adored Rocky and always enjoyed the lunch and visit. She has recently been in the hospital again and moved to the nursing home where she will stay now. This happened over the weekend. So many people in my life are having life-changing situations and I’m trying to adjust to them. Our lives seem to change direction every time a family member or friend faces crisis.

I want to thank the folks in my comment section who take time to write with love and advice. I really do listen to you and once in a while I even follow my own advice. J With all of life’s ebb and flow, there is always something going on to make it extremely worthwhile.

As you know, Becky and I feed stray cats after our own little residents are locked in the garages every night. I put a can of wet cat food along with dry cat food. Then I enjoy watching the little guys come and eat….it makes me feel so good to fill their tummies. Saturday evening Becky and I were sitting in the living room and she noticed two young cats……pole cats, yes they were, who came to eat the food. They were small and loving the dinner table. Last night I watched as one came back to clean up the strawberry doughnut that Napoleon didn’t quite finish. (Napoleon has a sweet tooth….he loves doughnuts and muffins!)

I’ve smelled “skunk” in the night before when we’ve had the window open so they’ve been around a long time but now have decided to make us a regular stop in their quest for food. No doubt we have an expanding family of little “stinkers.”

Remember: You know you’re getting old when you stoop over to tie your shoes and wonder what else you can do while you’re down there. J

Until tomorrow, I am,
Essentially Esther