<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

RX 101.......... 

Like most seniors I take several medications in pill form. I keep them in a pillbox with seven different dividers. I don’t use them for daily doses as suggested but one divider for each different pill. They empty out and need refilling at separate intervals.

This morning I called my prescription provider with an order and was told two of them could not be filled until July 1st. The third could be filled but it was my last refill before my annual physical check-up. I placed my order and then began filling my container with the last of what I had on hand.

I tried putting in one or two more each time I filled but the lid wouldn’t fit and I had to take the extra’s out. I got to thinking………

I wonder if that’s the way God looks over us? I have seven different compartments and each hold different pills…..different shapes……different medicine that will be good for my body. I can’t put more in than the holder will contain and if I run out, I have to wait until it’s time to refill.

Just suppose I am a container. What I hold has to be given up before I can be refilled again. If I empty out too soon, I can’t have more until the time is right. In some of my medications the dose is small….in others it is more….my needs are different and what I take is helpful…..but if I try to take more than is prescribed my body would have a violent reaction.

I don’t prescribe the dosage, the amount, the time or anything about the medication. I only receive what I need when I need it and there is enough to last until it’s time for another refill.

Thank you God, for watching over me……..

Essentially Esther