<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Friday, June 01, 2007

EVERY FRIDAY IS GOOD...... 

Every seven days another Friday happens to relieve some of the working class. The rest of the populous works on swing shifts or such and enjoy other days to relieve the work schedule. Being retired, holidays, Fridays and all the rest don‘t give me the boost it used to but every Monday morning I wake up and I’m glad to be retired.

To me, being retired means I have daily choices on end. I still have a zest for life….it’s just different now. I can spend time on the computer which is entertainment, a tool for information, shopping and keeping up with my family and friends. What a blessing it has been. I still enjoy housework and cleaning projects which take more time now that I have to humor my body in the process.

It has taken me two days to remove the shelf paper from the bottom of the cupboards and one top shelf. From my loss of agility I should have tackled this 20 years ago….I might have fit better crawling to the back corners. As I clean, I remove all odds and ends, toss or mark for sale at the Barn……it’s true that one man’s junk is another man’s treasure.

Tomorrow, Becky and I will drive to Rolla for a PowerLifting Meet that Rocky would have been in. The coach and team were happy when we said we would attend in Rocky’s absence. I no longer care to do public speaking so Becky will take that over to explain about the Memorial Fund we have set up for an annual “RockStar” Meet at our home gym. We will cheer the team on and stand in for Rocky. I know if it’s possible he will be looking in.

Have a wonderful weekend, wherever you are, working or not, and take time to smell the roses. Mine are blooming now and will be on the table for a luncheon I have invited an older lady friend to today. I find a bouquet of friends is a good thing. Older ones have wisdom to learn from and younger ones make you still feel like running a race.

The merry month of June is upon us and it’s Friday……go out and do something wonderful!

Until the next time, I am,
Essentially Esther