<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, June 07, 2007

AHOY MATES..... 

Better batten down the hatches if you live in the mid-west and especially the upper region. The weather channel has been warning all day about huge hail, high wind, tornadoes and everything in between. So far it looks like we may be on the southern fringe of the fury but morning will tell. This storm is slated to go well into the night-time hours and early morning.

The wind has been howling here all day. I didn’t venture out since it is useless to try and do yard work in strong wind. Becky and I are to make our third visit to the gym tonight when she gets home from work. We have just been walking on the treadmill this week until my hand and wrist clear up…..then some strength training to hopefully stave off my osteoporosis. With one pill a week and exercise it seems reasonable to deal with.

It is strange being back in the gym again. As I walked on the treadmill I used to watch Rocky work out with team members who came in. They would work hard for a while and then visit and laugh as they rested their muscles a bit…….just like little boys playing in the yard…..only these were big boy toys. I think for sure if I scan around the room I will see Rocky leaning on one of the machines and laughing with someone. Even though my mind knows I won’t see him…..I look anyway.

Becky is on her way down so I will close with this for now. I hope if you are in harms way that you are safe from the bad weather. Be safe and happy and I’ll see you right here tomorrow, good Lord willing.

Remember: The only people you should ever want to get even with are those who have helped you. And I can truly say, that has been a lot of people. I have been greatly blessed with family and friends.

Until tomorrow, I am,
Essentially Esther