<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, May 28, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME..... 

At 10:00 tonight I will officially be the ripe old age of seventy-five. I have to laugh when I think about my opinions as a much younger person. Anyone that old was surely about to die. I used to feel sorry for them. Well, I guess I was right, actually, but now that I am almost there, I’m thinking……so THIS is what it feels like to be that old.

Several friends and family members have called today and asked how it feels to be seventy-five…..actually, I don’t have a clue…. how are you supposed to feel at seventy-five? Is there a certain way one should feel at a certain age? I don’t know how others sum it up but for me, I got here one day at a time. Today feels like any other day. They are all good.

Our lives are a sequence of days joined together, one at a time until we have a chain of them that turn into weeks, months and years. It has come to my attention lately that time is more valuable than money. Time cannot be reclaimed, skipped, borrowed from, pushed into high gear, bought, wished for, or saved up like vacation days on your job. The experts tells us time is our most valuable asset and I agree.

I have been blessed with the things that women need, hope for and pray over. My husbands were all good men who looked out for me and cared for my children. I lived through tough times but it made me better. I have lost greatly but learned with each loss. I have known disappointments but always came to higher ground. I have had many dear friends and I don’t remember one enemy. I have known the heights and depths of love and I have given much……I have received much.

I have lived long enough to know for certain there is a God….that He loves me, has been with me long before I was ever brought into being and I know I will be with Him forevermore.

That’s how it feels for me to be seventy-five.………

God bless,
Essentially Esther