<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

ALMOST READY..... 

I wrote a blog earlier and was about to publish when I was interrupted. When I came back the blog was gone and nowhere to be found. Evidently what I had written wasn’t important enough to post….or else my Sassy cat gave it the boot when she exited the desk after I left the room. Huummmmmm……

Let me just say, we are moving towards completion of the Memorial Service on Saturday. John has been in constant touch with Becky and me and has finished the DVD. He is working on the rest of the service and things will be ready by the 3:00pm time on Saturday.

When you marry in your senior years you have lots of family to bring to each other. Rocky and I were blessed because we each liked the other’s children. It was never a dutiful decision but a matter of the heart. I inherited a brother and sister with their spouses, all of which I greatly respect and admire. My only brother died in 1989 of lung cancer.

The amount collected at the bank for the Rocky Memorial Power Meet so far is $1300. Rocky’s daughter, Holly, is machine embroidering shirts and towels for sale at each annual event which will be part of the registering package for each Meet. Proceeds will go to the Memorial Fund to perpetuate the event. We have a lot of planning ahead of us with Craig, the owner of the gym, and Rodney the APA coach. They are both gung-ho about it and the guys are also. To win the RockStar Trophy it will take a lot of hard work to compete, to train and to exhibit the degree of excellence Rocky put forth when he was with them.

For now I must get at my list for the day……..time is slipping away. I can hardly wait until Saturday when all of the planning comes together. Equally nice will be to see all of our families, many of whom will meet for the first time.

Our theme will be to celebrate Rocky’s life in a fitting way and after that……..to pick up our lives again and make him proud………………..

Until the next time, I am,
Essentially Esther